1 Laatst bewerkt door Riannah (04-06-2007 08:56)

Onderwerp: MMF te zoet

Op cakecenstral kwam ik dit tegen :
Dit klop wel ik vindt mmf ook veel te zoet en wil dus dit recept uit gaan proberen.
maar een  ingredient ken ik niet : waar kan ik die kopen of waar kan ik dat mee vervangen?

1/2 tsp Princess Cake and Cookie emulsion (from sugarcraft.com);
2 tsp light corn syrup (helps w/ pliability)

I love to work w/ fondant. My past expereinces w/ mmf was that it always tasted too sweet. I've played around with several concoctions and variations and I think I've found the ultimate taste. It is pliable, easy to use and DELICIOUS. Try it for your self and let me know what you think!

15 oz. mini marshmallows
2 T water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
2 tsp light corn syrup (helps w/ pliability)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Princess Cake and Cookie emulsion (from sugarcraft.com); or 1/2 tsp lemon extract
2 lbs (approx 7 C) confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 C Crisco or vegetable shortening

Grease microwave proof bowl w/ Crisco. Also grease wooden or heat proof spoon. Pour marshmallows and water into bowl. Microwave for approximately 2 minutes stopping and stirring at 40 second intervals. Mixture should be soupy.

Take out of microwave and immediately add corn syrup, lemon juice, salt and extracts. Stir well. Sift confectioner's sugar into mixture, one cup at a time. After approximately 5 cups, grease your hands well with Crisco and knead the mixture in the bowl. Add the sixth cup and continue to knead. Now grease your work surface well and turn mixture out of bowl onto counter. Sift remaining sugar, regrease hands, and knead well. If mixture seems soft, add one additional cup of powdered sugar.

Shape into a mound and put a coating of crisco on outside. Double wrap in cling wrap and insert into ziplock bag. Press air out of bag and seal. Allow to rest overnight, but, can be used after sitting for a few hours.

**Quick note, if you can order the Princess Cake and Cookie emulsion it will be well worth it. It gives this fondant a delicious flavor and I have been able to convince brides who hated fondant to order fondant wedding cakes after sampling my fondant. Hope you like it!

Re: MMF te zoet

Corn syrup kan je bij de Sligro halen, de Princess Cake and Cookie emulsion ken ik niet.

VoorJeTaart.nl Winkel, Workshops & Webshop in Spijkenisse!
Nu ook de PME Professional Diploma Course! http://www.voorjetaart.nl!

Re: MMF te zoet

Heb dat recept laatst ook even opgeschreven,maar nog niet gemaakt,het moet een soort smaakje zijn dat ze erin doet,het is geloof ik alleen bij Sugarcraft te koop,maar volgens mij moet het ook goed te doen zijn met gewone vanille of andere extract!!